• Foil Coach with both National and International Results.
• International (FIE) Referee (foil, epee), experienced in referring World Cups,
Grand Prix, Zonal Championship / Games, World Championship, Olympic Games.
• An experienced multi‐lingual professional, with the strong sports science background and ability
incorporate the concepts into successful training programs. Proven time-management and
teaching organizational skills.
• Proven abilities to exceed all the expectations and goals lead by example. Ensure effective
communication. Provide focused goal and driven training.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master of Fencing
• Demonstrated successful coaching of athletes / teams at World Cups, Grand Prix, World
• International Fencing Federation (FIE) Referee on World Cups, Grand Prix, Zonal
Championships / Games, World Championship, Olympic Games, University Games
• Worked with National Team members of Israel, Canada, USA, Taiwan, Puerto Rico, Sri Lanka,
• Experience in coaching athletes on overseas tours
• Experience of organizing overseas fencing camps
• Experienced of organizing / training / preparing National Team for upcoming International
Competitions such as: World Cups, Grand Prix, World Championships, Olympic Games and etc.
• President of Pan-American Fencing Confederation Refereeing Commission, 2016 – present
• Executive member of Canadian refereeing comity, 2016 – Present
• National Coach for Canadian Senior Men Foil Team, 2013 – 2016
• Olympic FIE Referee, 2016
• International FIE Foil and Epee Referee
• Fencing Head Coach at Le Club Touché, 2005 – present
• Fencing Coach at Stanford University, 2000 – 2005
• Fencing coach of British Columbia University, 1995 – 2000
• Work with National Team of Israel, 1991‐1994
• Head coach of UBC, 1994‐2000
• Coach, Stanford University, 2000‐2004
• Work with National Team of USA, 2001‐2004
• Prepared many International Level Athletes with successful results at World Cups, Grand Prix,
Zonal / World Championships, Olympics,
such as: Steven Gerberman, Timothy Chang, Gregory Chang, Alex Wood, Sean McClain, Iris
Zimmermann, Allison Glasser, Jerry Chang and etc)
• Coached Iris Zimmermann, two times Olympian, Junior World Champion, Bronze Medalist of
Senior World Championship
• Gregory Chang represented US National Team in 2004 Olympics, where team has placed 4Th
• Coaching of members US National Veteran Team, 2005-2011
• Coaching Kenneth Chui who placed 2nd in Ankara, Turkey, 2011 at the First World Children
Games with 24 participating countries from all over the world
• Coaching Jerry Chang who is a recent member of US National Team, Team World Champion,
many times National champion, Silver / Bronze Medalist at World Cups, 17th on Junior World
• Prepared many US National and Regional Champions
• Coaching Lawrence Song, Bronze medalist in Paris World Cup, finalist in Junior World Cups,
multi finalist in the US National competitions, Bronze medalist in Pan-American Championship in
• Coaching Benjamin Shih, 2 times Bronze medalist in Asian Championships in 2019, Bronze and
Silver medalist in Junior World Cups, multi medalist and finalist in National competitions, National
Champion qualified for 2020 World Championship.
• Coaching Hiran Jayasekara, National Champion qualified for 2020 World Championship.
• Coaching Scott Lao, Silver medalist of the World Cup, 7th place in the World Championship in
Cairo, 2021, Olympic Qualifier for Tokyo Olympic Games, 2021.
• Master Degree in Fencing and PE, Vingelt Sport University, Israel 2002
• Bachelor Degree, major: Fencing Coach and Physical Education, Pedagogical University,
• High School Diploma, Ukraine 1983
• Master of Sport (Fencing) of USSR, 1983
• International (FIE) Foil / Epee Referee
• Fencing Meitre AAI, Academy D’Armes Internationale 1997
• Fluent in English, Hebrew, Russian and Ukrainian